Thursday, April 9, 2015

Re-Branding Yourself after Age 50: Re-Charge your Career, Start a Business or Achieve More Professional Success in Midlife by Marva Goldsmith

My opinion to sum up this book in one phrase is: "Absolutely Superb Job !" A few areas were unclear to me but after reading 1-2 sections again, it finally made perfect sense. "Re-branding Yourself After 50" somewhat set the stage for rewriting my story as a person who is preparing for those golden years (Age 50). In all truthfulness, I finished this book feeling like it will be a "tall order" to move forward. It takes internal motivation like the Author emphasizes about re-charging a career. There are several chapters, and the total book is well over 260 pages. It's an essential guide for someone who feels stagnated in first gear. There could have been more color pictures but overall, I felt like the vector sketches, and black/white ones were enough. Achieving more success in midlife is a section that I wish I had alot sooner than I did but I've accepted the changes life has bought me. So, I use this section as a guide for moving forward. I hope the Author writes a second edition to elaborate on businesses or careers that may work for people in their 40's-50's. This is such a great book to use for major career changes. If you haven't purchased this book, I recommend it to everyone to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment